About Me

My photo
kay elle, wilayah persekutuan, Malaysia
Name:Keng Cheng(KC for short) Age:19 A guy who views the world in a very complicated way...when it comes to Food...thats all that matters.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Gifts and talents


''We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.''
Romans 12:6-8

Every time when I ponder on this passage of the scripture,I am always reminded that everyone has different gifts from God.Sometimes I do feel bad for not knowing how to play the guitar(even though I do go for lessons for about a year,yet I still cant play it.),not good in certain subjects or not even good at contributing ideas or be a good leader.But then as I read through this passage,it really comforts me and to know that we have different gifts from God.In return,I am trying to use my gifts to help serve the Lord in different areas in my church.In RBS,I learned that I have great chemistry with kids and I am good in BM,therefore I am using them to help in teaching the tamil ministry.I found out in RBS that I am more of a sanguine than the of a choleric(a leader).A sanguine means a person who is always cheerful and joke around,often the noisiest and the lamest.XD.The most cheerful person in a team.I learned to use it to at least try to cheer ppl up,which I find till now quite ok actually.

Therefore if you are discouraged to know that you can't serve the Lord and that you have no talents,you are Wrong.Inside every individual,there will be a God given talent.We just need time to really discover it.Once you have discovered it,use it for the glory of God and do it cheerfully.

No comments: